Sunday, July 12, 2009

Broken Serpentine Belt

I went to LAX this afternoon to greet more soldiers returning from deployment. Although they are not many family members in the mix, the few that came has the same effect on me nonetheless. I am happy for them and wishes them the best. I went to the hotel where they are going to stay for a couple of days for Welcome Ceremony and briefings. Once they complete the briefing they will be release.

On the way back to my office, I heard a funny noise from the engine and lost the power steering on my truck. I decided to drive on the 10-12 miles back to the office. Once I got there, I heard this noise of boiling water under the hood. When I opened the hood... Yep, you guessed it... it was my radiator overheating and the antifreeze is spewing over to the asphalt. The Serpentine belt that connected all the pulleys to the alternator, the radiator, the engine is gone. In its place was a residue of the belt. I was really fortunate that my truck lasted that long. I guess I am going to spent some time to get it taking care off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment