Thursday, August 20, 2009

"TIME" Where Art Thou?

Pheeweeees.. where does the "time" goes? I blink and a month passed by, I slept and few years gone, time really have a way of creeping up on you. I feel the need to post a couple of things on this blog...


My oldest sister Yu-Ning, who lives in Indonesia is here with me on a visit. She looks really well for 74 years old, I am proud of her. Her son Reza, who lives in Holland with his wife Janette, and their adorable four years old daughter Marisha came with her. After spending two-and-a-half months in Holland Yuning came to America to visit me. I have the opportunity to go with them to Las Vegas, and tag a long when they went to Disneyland. Reza and Jeanette has to return to work and they left after fifteen days stay. It was really good to have them here. I hope they enjoyed their visit.

Reza wanted to go to Red-Lobster so bad to eat. They have none of those in Holland. After a couple of tried, couldn't find the restaurant, so I took them to restaurant a colleague at work recommended. It must have been their good fortune, because we ran into celebrity there. He happened to be Jannette favorite celebs.

I can feel a lump in my throat as I hug and said good bye to youngest son Matthew. Dropping him off at the LAX airport at Four A.M. , I just couldn't believe that almost thirty years ago as a naive young man, I came to this same airport feeling lost and alone; and thirty years and four sons later, that once naive-young-man youngest son left to join the best institution in the world, the US Army. Following his father and two older brothers foot steps, Matthew shipped to Fort Sill, Oklahoma for Basic Combat Training, with further assignment to 1-79 FA Battalion. Check out this link to read all about it http://sill-www.army.mil/434/consoldier.html

No comments:

Post a Comment