Saturday, April 18, 2015

Getting back to the swing of things.. :-)

Sitting on my PC thinking, I got a lot of catching up to do on this blog.  My last blog was penned back in September 2013. Wow.. that is over a year and a half of in-activity.  I am going to have to get busy and start writing ha ha ha... yeah right! But, I am going to try. Let me tell you the high lights of these couple of years.

I requested transferred to Texas and it was granted. So I moved to Texas and be able to be close to my children and grand children. I am thrill knowing that I can spend more time with my children and their children's. And I bought a house, well a duplex.. in one of the many cities of Texas. Contrary to what I had planed.... Life sure have a way to throw you surprises.. :-)
    

My trip to Indonesia I took last September was really a high light for me. I took Andrew, Josh and his wife, Kristen. We have family reunion... at my birth city, Yogyakarta. total if 62 people attended, I think it was really good for my children, to have finally met their aunts and uncles and their cousins, and knowing their father birth place. I am promoting and hopeful for our second reunion in the year 2020.
 


My American sister, Marsha Kay got married on the birthday of my mom, 29 November last year. I really wanted to go but, the work didn't allowed me to have some times off. I really feel bad about that.  Cheers sister!  May your marriage bring happiness and joy to you and your children. I am thinking to start making plan to go see them each year too. Hhummm...I have to plan this in my calendar.
 
 

My beloved American "Mom" passed a year a half ago. I went and speech at her funeral. I am sad to see her go, but I know she is in a better place. In light of the upcoming Mother's Day, I wrote the below article as a reminder for me of how lucky I was to have her in my life.

             In memory of FRANCES F. HEBDEN (29 NOV 1928 to 21 JUL 2013)
            As I stepped off the plane, I felt lost, full of wander, fearful, bewildered, and host of other emotions mixed up within me. I just got off from a long flight, and getting off at the third busiest airport in the world, it doesn't help any... strangers all around me, different colors of people, different looks, different environment, different language, different  everything. This flight I took some thirty-five years ago, at 19 years old. changed my life forever.
           As I went down the escalator, something I recognized appeared before me, my “name” written on a 5x8 placard held by an American couple, which few months later they became my "mom and dad." Francis and Chris had decided to sponsor me to come to this country, something that millions other young men and women’s would long to have experience but couldn’t.
           As years passes, my love for my “mom” grew, even to this day. I love her because she gave me ten dollars to spend on a double Whopper, French fries, large Coca Cola, and Strawberry milk shake every day for lunch, when I was learning my English language in a local high school to understand what people are talking about. I love her because I remember how she always brag on me when she introduced me to her friends, neighbors, and her church people. She gave me the care I needed, the love I wanted and the tenderness as though I am her own son. I love her because she was there for me in my darkest hours, going through the difficulties of life. She understood me, listened to me, motivated me, and strengthen me and most of all she has loved me so dearly.
            I will always remember you, mom! You have given me the outlook on life I needed to survive in this world. You have given me the strength to carry on. You have given me your wisdom so I may learn from it. Even though you are no longer walk amongst us, I will remember your presence will always be with me. Even though you are no longer calling me with you cheerful voice, your watchful eyes will always stay with me to guide me to take a better path. Rest in peace now mother in the arms of Jesus. Thank you for everything that you have done for me, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. I love you Mom!   
  


No comments:

Post a Comment