Friday, June 26, 2009

New Beginning?


I was notified today about my Officer candidacy, I WAS SELECTED TO BE ONE! I am so excited and yet fearful at the same time. I need to make decision, even though I have not excepted this selection as of yet. I really need to think seriously of what I am going to do now. Do I really want this big responsibility?

Will I be a good Officer? Will I be able to keep up with what requires of me? Will I be able to use my experiences in the Army to help those who I serves? What kind of an Officer I will be? Oh God, help!

As Mr. Snider and Watkins stated “Our profession’s ethic remains the foundation of trust which the American people place in their military” (Future of the Army Profession, 2002) our Army Ethic rests on a bedrock of our seven Army Values: LDRSHIP. It is a unique collection, and reflects the high standards to which the entire Army adheres, regardless of its mission area. Will I be able to uphold the sacred trust that the people of this great nation placed upon me? And to stay committed to the ethic which rest on the this bedrock? I will be ALL THAT I CAN BE.

1 comment:

  1. Big Kudos Cary! You have all that leadership characters in you. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete